Publishing games on PacoGames
PacoGames is a gaming platform that connects game creators with game users (players) - you can imagine PacoGames as YouTube for games. Our main value is to provide friendly space for game developers as well as players of online games. Considering option of revenue share and availability of powerful and exclusive features, PacoGames is the right place for all developers who want to have a game on the web.
This article provides process of publishing own games on PacoGames.
Automated process of publishing games on PacoGames
PacoGames.com gaming website has automated process of publishing, all games submitted by game developers are being published within 1 business day from submission if
- Game developer has filled all necessary information for his game (description, controls, thumbnails (image,video), sharing image...)
- There are no serious issues with the game and submitted media (point 1)
- Submitted game fits PacoGames criteria for games
Game submissions must be processed through GameArter service. There is also option to submit a game hosted by own or by a different game distribution platform than GameArter.
How to publish a game on PacoGames
Publishing games on PacoGames is possible via GameArter - a solution for all aspects of game development, publishing, monetization, distribution, management, analytics and operation for games. Adding a game to GameArter consists from following steps:
- Sign up to GameArter
By registration to GameArter, a developer gets automatically public developer account on PacoGames and later also complex space for presentation of yourself and own work. This account ca be available also through other gaming websites like PacoGames through API provided by GameArter.
Image above displays an example of developer account on PacoGames.com. This account contains developer's name, profile photo, games, social sites and any other type of informations placed in a text form. These data can be set and adjusted in profile section on GameArter (see point 2). The profile also reflects number of players following the developer and an option to become the follower as well.
- Fill your account data
Filling account information is very important. Firstly there is need to set information for the developer profile (see point 1) and secondly make some default choices - e.g. select preferred payout option or whether you want to enable feedback from users. Feedback is being sent directly to developer's email. Users can send it over feedback section / report bugs forms.
- Add your game
GameArter can be used by 2 basic ways:
- As a tool above which games are built (SDK integration). GameArter's software development kits allow simple and fast implementation of complex features (user accounts, achievements, leaderboards, secure data management, in-game purchases, tournaments, assets management, analytics, ads and many more...) in short time without need of high knowledge and programming skills. It is worth to mention also fully customizable gameplayer, tools for users interaction, powerful hosting, game distribution service or complex reports about the game.. Check more in separated articles GameArter as a tool for games management - Game Development phase & Post-release phase.
- As a tool collecting all developers games without matter of where they are hosted or what service they use. Once the game info and agme url is posted to GameArter, there is possible to take a claim for adding the games on websites in GameArter's operated websites PacoGames.com and Games44.com. Note that webmasters of websites has full right to select what games they will list.
Once a game is published
1. Developer's presentation on PacoGames
All published games added on PacoGames by developers contain a label (displayed at the right of the image below) linking to developer's profile (see point 1)
Image above also contain a button for reporting issues (first button from the left side). By pressing this button, there is opened new modal window for reporting bugs and providing any other feedback. This report is either sent directly to developer's email account (if enabled) or to GameArter team which serve also as a support for players.
If a developer decides to write or reply to any comment, he has automatically label "DEVELOPER" beside his name. Name linking to his developer account.
In discussions below games of other developers, this "developer" stands out like any other common user. This user account was created together with developer account during registration to GameArter. Email address is same, however profile photo, name and other informations can be different - adjusted in profile section on PacoGames.
2. Revenue share for developers
- Games inserted via iframe, running from 3rd party services (not monetized through GameArter): These games can be monetized through ads. Monetization through IAP requires agreement of PacoGames. A developer or game operator is not required to share any in-game revenue with PacoGames as well as PacoGames is not required to share any page based revenue (preroll, banner ads) with the game developer (operator).
- Games powered and monetized by GameArter: All monetization channels are automatically approved. Developer gets share of in-game revenue (generated by in-game advertisment + IAP) based on the game performance (70-92% by default).
- Games powered by GameArter, focusing on user experience. PacoGames provides extra bonus for quality games focused for best user experience. The main emphasis is put on using GameArter's data storage service and implementation of suitable features improving gameplay (achievements, leaderboards, connection with shared gaming currency GRT) and other features provided by GameArter. Bonuses are build on basis of algorithm working with user engagement and does not reflect income of ads. Generally, quality games are getting more revenue from this system than they would get from counting on basis of ads. 20% of best games gets 100% share of this revenue, next 20% gets 80% and the remaining 60% gets 60% of the revenue. Since January 2019, these games will be usually also connected with in-game purchases which means other additional revenue.
3. Games Promotion
- Games placed on PacoGames are automatically promoted via PPC campaign and social sites.
- Games promotion on PacoGames website is driven by games-quality algorithm. Best performing games are the ones most visible.
- Games with implemented GameArter SDK are used for recommended games section available right next to the game on a gamepage.
- Every new added game is being automatically sent to all followers of the developer.
- There is an option to include games out of this algorithm and buy an extra place for them on PacoGames. Games powered by GameArter SDK has 50% discount of the price.
- PacoGames is open to cooperate with vendors on marketing purposes and operation of their quality games on web.
- PacoGames uses extra GameArter's services available over GameARter's API for additional promotion of quality games on PacoGames. Example of such promotion is a tournament created in certain game. Tournaments support is natively implemented in GameArter's SDK and does not require any game preparation or developer's work.
4. Criteria for inclusion and promotion of games on PacoGames
- The game looks well and is optimized for smooth running and low filesize.
- All UI elements are clear. Any techniques and misleading links redirecting players without their request are strictly prohibited.
- The game does not serves as an ad for a gaming website (outgoing links to gaming websites)
- The game is original work (either fully developed or originally reskinned). Bought games and templates are not allowed
- If the game contains leaderboard, it should be connected with GameArter's leaderboard service. If achievements, then with GameArter's achievements service. If currency, with GameArter's currency service etc.
- Do not use excessive number of ads. Keep minimum time between ads 3 minutes or higher.
- All ads are consistent to Google ads policies.
- For the best performance there is recommended to implement GameArter's SDK. As a reward for this extra work a developer gets 70%-92% of revenue share generated by GameArter. The advantage of GameArter SDK is bringing the best possible user experience from playing (auto login, server data storage, rewards from playing, social layer...) which is usually reflected in users behaviour and thus it positively affects game promotion algorithm on PacoGames and other websites. PacoGames has also reserved premium web spaces for promotion of these games.
- Do not do games with excessive violence and brutality.
- Read how we choose games for listing on PacoGames
- Allows build audience of folowers which a developer can inform about news via push up or email notifications
- Presentation of developer, his work and brand.
- Simple to use discussion solution shared for game and websites - all comments are in one place. Developer's contributions have verified label "developer".
- Games using GameArter SDK are fully connected with PacoGames (user accounts, tournaments, currency...)
- Simple management of games on various websites and platforms from one place
- Full developer profiles for presentation of games and developers.
- Games Market as a place to sell and offer games.
- Option of donations.
- Option to create Crowdfunding campaigns for games.
- Next in the road map
Are you interested in developers who publish games on PacoGames? Then check list of game developers.
Publishing web versions of games on PacoGames and other websites through game distribution platform GameArter is great way to promote your Google Play, App Store, Steam and other more robust versions of your games. Games promotion via classic channels is very expensive, often unprofitable. GameArter offers such promotion for free and even earn developers money during such promotion via in-game revenue channels. If you are interested in more ways to promote your games on your own, check our post How to promote small games.
Did you find your game attached to foreign developer account? Report it via our contact form.
Are not you sure what game distribution service to choose for your game? Check how game distribution services usually work.
Are you looking for next options of earning through your games while you do not use GameArter? Check blog post Make money with PacoGames.